PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stranded Zoom Crews getting home
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 09:11
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Swerver,

You are doing our industry a gross mis-service by posting an uninformed rant against BA thus, once again, trying to hijack the thread back to a 'why we hate BA' thread.

I have little doubt in saying that out of the 3,300 flight crew and 15,000 Cabin Crew the vast majority, myself included, would do everything within our power to assist fellow professionals who have been placed in this unfortunate situation. Many believe in the adage 'What goes around comes around'. We are constrained by the DfT and company policy with regards to giving cockpit jumps seats. As a staff travel member a couple of weeks ago I agreed to take a jump seat in order to give up my cabin seat for a staff member from another airline. If I hadn't they wouldn't of traveled.

So please don't broad brush tar us all with your high horse sanctimonious waffle. 22 years of private operation behind, many to come.

Best of luck to the Zoom crews, I hope the refinance package comes through and that you have managed to get back home.