PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stranded Zoom Crews getting home
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 09:01
Spongebobsquarepants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old King Cole

By the sounds of it you went through some right old s**t to get back to the UK and i can only hope that you are all now safely home.

Im really supprised by the attitude of some of the people on this site as there seems to be alot of the opinion that the crew should have a hard time getting back as it was "thier" airline that went under and all "their" passengers are in the same situation. So, so what, why should we all care. I really cant believe this.

I for one feel for you all so much. I couldnt imagine what it would be like to come down to check out to find out that you no longer had a job and not just that but you were stranded thousands of miles from home with no immediate way of getting there. I understand that all airlines are buisnesses but really in times like this you would hope that there would be some kind of compassion from other carriers as after all it could be any of us in these uncretain times.

To be told by an airline that they would only take some of the crew is really awful and good for you for sticking together. I can unfortunatly think of some flight crew in my own airline that would quite happily leave us behind in a heartbeat. You are a really good bloke and an example to others. By the sounds of it both BA and Virgin have done what they could to get you home and for that they should be commended and im glad the title of this thread has been altered. I would like to think that all the UK carriers would do the same.

I wish you all the best of luck for the future and i can only imagine how you are feeling. All the best.