PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2008, 00:02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you talking about. If you deadhead on the Polar planes as much as I do. You'd know they don't get involuntary extended as much as the Atlas pilots. Granted their pay is way too low, what does that have to do with the Atlas pilots being extended?????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Don't avoid the question. I'm not your enemy. I think I flew with you a couple of times.

I think that at this point we can all agree that deadheading experiences are not an accurate representation of either group.

As for the question, look back on the thread. It goes sort of like this: Atlas pilots work 21 days/monthàno, we don’tàwell, still….demand to get paid for itàwe do.

The only reason that I post anything is that I am tired of this Polar propaganda that we Atlas pilots/engineers are out for 21 days a month every month. We are not. And I am tired of the lectures from the Polar side about their “great” contract. I have read it and am not impressed (which is not to say that I am too impressed with the Atlas one either). And I remember how the Polar contract came into being, which I suspect that many have forgotten.

And then there are the rants about quality of life being more important than money. This was true for me when my kids were small, now that one is in college and the other heading that way it is all about the money. So you see that priorities are different for both different people and different times, and no one has a right to be self righteousness over their current situation.

It is past time that we all deal with reality; not rumors, propaganda or wishful thinking. It is hard to believe that we, as in both groups, are made up of people who are dedicated to doing exactly that when nearing a crappy destination. We have so much fuel, the weather is what it is and the alternates are what they are. We deal with that realistically even when—especially when—we don’t like some of the facts. We need to bring that same mental discipline to this merger process.

Last edited by 742; 30th Aug 2008 at 01:42.