PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 17:03
Mr.Brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont want to sound like a d!ck but The London Stock Exchange, RNS, The Dart Group, Philip Meeson, Andrew Merirck, and yes employees like 757 Speedbrakes WILL know more about The Dart Group/Jet2 than you! Reputable companies i.e Thomson Financial will NOT publish articles/statements/facts that are not true!
First of all the statement released is not a lie, it just based on previous years performance's.
As an employee I know a little about Jet2.

All I can say, as a "mere employee" and airframe driver, is that on all the routes I have flown this year the load factors have been noticeably better than over the past 3 or 4 years
Yes they are having agoo year SO FAR!!!!!!!

Jet 2 do not have more aircraft than last year (as stated previously on this thread). In fact, there are 3 fewer than last summer, when you take into account the very expensive wet leases we had during the period of rapid expansion. A good number of underperforming routes have been ditched, and a lot more charters have been evident in my rosters.
These are reasons why the statement released is true.
How ever AJ has joined us on a long term lease with the added Mainteneance cost and crewing costs, so Jet2 have more aircraft in the long term.

Lets just see what the future brings for Jet2 then. I'm not a total doom and Gloomer. I think the end of summer 09 will reveal alot