PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redundancy Offers-Are they applicable to all?
Old 29th Aug 2008, 10:34
Slopwith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Redundancy Offers-Are they applicable to all?

Just thought I would ask this as there are some bright sparks and legal beavers around who may know the answer to the following.

I work for a airline that recently took over, not merged-took over, another airline. Many of the pilots from the taken over airline are refusing to sign a contract with the takeover airline and amongst other things are claiming TUPE. The takeover airline is now offering pilots from the taken over airline redundancy payments as a possible solution to them refusing to sign the parent company's contract and become fully tangoed (clue!).

My question is this. If the company is offering some employees redundancy albeit because they are on a different contract, would mere mortals in the parent conpany also be eligible to claim redundancy. We are all now pilots employed by one company and even if some of us are on different terms and conditions, can the company legally offer redundancy to a specific group of pilots but not to others/all?

Thanking my erstwhile colleagues in advance.