PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2008, 03:52
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anyone wants less on either side. It's just that one side of this group wants to bring it up as a jab of who has the better contract and then someone on the Atlas side bites on the bait looking for sympathy for their lack of ingenuity or ability to say no to the schedulers. I've had Atlas guys complain that they were extended 7 days involuntarily looking for sympathy and getting none when I know that they volunteered themselves for it (they can only take 4 max at elevated pay rates).

I'm glad that Polar was able to negotiate a quality of life contract under their previous owners. They didn't fair so well under the next management, but they didn't go backwards at least. We can combine our efforts now for an acceptable contract for both sides.

I believe the JNC is using data that the relative Atlas/Polar council reps brought to the table for each side. Atlas had a Wilson Poll of their crew desires for a contract. I don't know what the Polar side did if anything. I don't think the JNC has access to each councils side except through their respective MEC delegated representatives to the JNC. So I guess you should start with your councils negotiation reps first. You can probably just send them to the usually ones R.H. and M.H. despite their recent resignations. I imagine they are running the show from behind their replacements.

On another note of general hate mongering of late. While listening to the Polar MEC latest VAR's (Click Here for 2.5 Mb MP3). I see that he further fans the hate among councils. I note that the Chairman didn't mention the fact that the dismissed -200 Polar captain had been the center of attention in two incidents in one day in Incirlik as a DH'der on two different Atlas flight's let alone his unprofessional treatment of Atlas crews DH'ding on his flights later on until his termination. He made himself a target because of it. Now the Polar Chairman is trying to fan the flames further hoping others will do the same. Probably at the cost of more jobs on each side of the equation.

Hopefully everyone else will be professional enough not to take that bait.