PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to Decline as Jetstar Soars
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 13:57
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJW, it's not a stir it's fact.

The old 'Jetstar is internally subsidised' line is getting a little tiring. Like it or not JQ are independant.
Jetstar is being subsidised HEAVILY by the parent company. Jetstar are independant in select areas but with regard to covering the cost of the business they are most definately not. To the point the parents acccounting department are becomming quite vocal as to the accounts they recieve to cover the cost of Jetstars operation.

Alan Joyce was not appointed to the CEO position of Qantas because he was running a sham.
I never said the operation as Jetstar is a sham. Your words not mine. However, Alan Joyce has intimate knowledge as to how HEAVILY the Jetstar operation in DEPENDANT on the subsidies provided by the parent company. AJ beat JB & PG to the job because his vision for the way forward for the Qantas Group outgunned his rivals.

The sooner that we can just get the 787 salivation over and done with the sooner these sorts of divisive arguments can be disposed of.
The thread is titled Qantas to decline as Jetstar soars. My issue is that the reason Jetstar enjoys such favourable operating environment is the HEAVY subsidisation from the parent company.

Who dictates what 'brand' is on the tail?
Not the pilots.

MC

Last edited by Mstr Caution; 28th Aug 2008 at 23:07.