PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 13:11
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't CTC have a username here?

When I was at selection in July, current CTCers were talking about people finishing the course 6 months before them with no job at the moment but possibly being taken by EZY in October as they were requiring a job lot of cadets then. Don't know whether this still stands. In my interview I asked if there was a hold pool of cadets building - she was unsure and didn't confirm or deny.

I always thought that the £12,000 less salary a year was given in monthly stages of £1000 tax free for all partner airlines, as this was the arrangement CTC had with them. I could well be wrong; bonalste suggests otherwise.

Employment is slow (obviously) but I got the feeling (from CTCers and assessment team) that it is more a case of when they get a job, rather than if. Obviously, that doesn't hold much water when you have HSBC chasing you for money owed but it provides a ray of light at the end of the tunnel...

Finance from HSBC was suspended (read stopped if you like) from the end of August. The bank themselves said that, and CTC too - CTC provided the warning in an email recently which you'll have. When I spoke to HSBC on the phone I clearly asked "so HSBC are doing nothing for CTC in terms of finance after the end of August?". The lady replied "sorry, no". At that point, she was unaware that somebody in the depth of decision making at HSBC had decided to extend applications for supposedly (according to CTC) one month (September). According to CTC, this is why they are filling courses rapidly (must be filling April or May 09 by now) so that they can get the finance approved, so long as they get the interview before the end of play.

When I rang HSBC for an interview for the loan, and was told, "really sorry, we're fully booked for interviews until the end of August now" (when the loan was supposedly stopping) I rang CTC to find out how I'm supposed to afford the course and was told that they'd look into it and talk to finance and see if the rumour about extension until September is true. Meanwhile, I was to approach other banks for a secured loan. Of course CTC will do (are doing) their best to secure funding for cadets if HSBC remove the unsecured option for a while.

Who knows what will happen, a bit like fortune telling really.