PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2008, 09:50
ampclamp

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
word is that BA are going nuts and may dump QF from their faclities OS including lounges etc if we dont restart contract work.I think QF had some leeway with industrial clauses in contracts.
I believe they want qf to do the work but....
Unfortunately our fearless leaders have left us so demoralised and short of labour we are struggling to manage our own fleet.
OS tails were a good source of revenue for the INT engineering sections.
One could be forgiven for thinking QE managers are in the poo with how to get out of this.

Domo you are so right in your assertion of skills lost.Those skills gained by working heavy phase/base then line as desired were invaluable.
As a LAME with too many years in all areas in several work places I'll vouch for the system you lament the loss of.Many of these guys are some of the best LAME's I've worked with in skills, knowlege and attitude.
The attitude has taken a battering of late but with some new blood at the top and a consultative approach ie "how can we do this together" would go some way to achieving some reconciliation.With current practices and QE managers incumbent I doubt thats likely.