PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 27th Aug 2008, 13:40
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
During the Olympics we were routed further away from Hong Kong out in the sticks. Those who remember my last views of China will know that they were the new modern China, We now go back fifty years. Could have been more but for reasons that will be explained.

A rural farming community. For centuries there were scattered smallholdings and dwellings but then the spectre of collectivisation came along. The houses and land that they had fought for under the red star were taken away and the rows of black houses are the result. The wheel has turned three quarters circle, they have their land back but it has been changed too much to rebuild their houses.

22 million died of starvation during the collective period and its aftermath, when the Red Guards commandeered their crops to feed the urban dwellers.

One of the casualties.

On a brighter note the Lufong 13/1, a Japanese operated platform.

Its FPSO, Nan Hai Shang Kai.

The export tanker ready for me to winch on the mooring crew.

I read somewhere that nobody was building any more refineries. They didn’t know about this one.

Bantian, once a sleepy town north of Shenzhen.

Three miles north of the heliport, designed to championship standard. I play it when somebody else is paying.

The new bridge between Hong Kong and Shekou.

Last edited by Fareastdriver; 27th Aug 2008 at 23:35.