PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan -7
Thread: FlyGlobespan -7
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2008, 16:04
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe, it all depends on the airport your at

Madrid

Have a look at some of the ramp cars that are undriveable after ramp bumps, some are worse than i have seen on motorway pile ups

Amsterdam

Very well sorted crews, i have only ever seen on event and that was a tug & 744 when pushing on a slippery ramp (Tug jack knifed under 744)

East midlands

Some of the ramp rats drive like there on a night out in their Corsa's or Saxo's i have seen them reverse towbars over other towbars and just stand around laughing

Glasgow

No risk, nothing moves quick at Glasgow

Paris

Lots of space, but 60 on the ramp is no problem.

Poland

Good mature crews that care about what they are doing

AGP & ALC

Best just close your eyes and hope to get out alive

The problem is that in some countries it is a respected and well paid job, in the UK its not well paid and many only accept it because they will have their benifits stopped if don't take the job, but know they'll get sacked in a few weeks for being stupid, the stupid one's though are the airlines because they (or their insurers) end up picking up the tab, if the paid a minimum of £10-£12 p/hour they would have people queing at the doors and could pick and choose, can you imagine what sort of pilots we would have if we paid £6.00 an hour?? yet the ramp rats can and do far more damge to aircraft every day, its madness