PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2008, 22:31
simfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brymon were owned by BA, as were british regional, and they became one - BA cityexpress, who BA then sold off to Flybe a couple of years ago

Most of the Flightline c/c were locally employed, plus some of the ex britworld who are still around. Most of the flight deck were relocated to ABZ IIRC, but there are some SEN crews sent up now and again.

I just wonder if we'd ever see a scheduled airline doing these runs, the operation really needs a dedicated service, with dedicated aircraft and crews, but could maybe work otherwise. I think there maybe a lot of unknown issues at the moment, I'm trying get confirmed the rumour I have heard from several sources, that various audits carried out by oil company / companies revealed some issues that they did not like, which has brought on all this, if so, it may be some months yet before airlines have to submit their bids..... then more audits carried out etc etc, not a quick process by any means. Audits by the oil co's are very thorough, for example I know that Shell had used to send staff over to Oslo / Stavangar etc on the late city star, until audits were carried out with the aim of using them for offshore charter work- they failed, and Shell even stopped putting ALL staff on them to SVG etc!