PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2008, 21:16
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scatsta - if Flybe

Good point Sim. If Flybe have got it, would it still be for Scatsta, meaning Q400s for SCS & leaving LogieBear Saab 340s for Sumburgh? Or would they also put on a Q400 onto LSI, redeploying the LOG 340s elsewhere, especially if the contract moves back to LSI? I thought the point of SCS was it was closer to the rigs than the southern tip of Shetland.

I presume if Flybe have been awarded the contract they would not be allowed to combine the charter & scheduled ops into one flight? Was there not once talk before of offering empty seats on the IAC charters for general sale?

Wonder if high fuel costs have pushed up the cost of the 146 flights, meaning Flightline were not able to put in the lowest tender? Rather ironic the high cost of oil possibly puts paid to an airline operating an oil scheduled charter! Times we live in I guess. Flightline have done a good job on the oil support flights as far as I am aware. Will be sad to see them go if all is confirmed & a.n.other takes over.

Are there any locally-based Flightline crew? What will the future hold for them?