PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ptc Irl Skills Assessment
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2008, 08:21
drag king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't tell you which FTO is best but I do know that airlines, generally, prefer pilots who come through the integrated route
In one word: RUBBISH!

Have you experienced both sides of the coin? Have you tried to apply to airlines with 2 different sets of CV, one as Integrated and one as Modular Trained Pilot and failed or passed in any of them?
I' ve trained in the cheapest modular way and to make matter worse I did it across the pond in the wrong time (B4 9/11) and...got 4 (four) interviews both with airlines (including FR) and GA operators. I was NEVER asked where/how I trained...

If you pass the selection procedure with OAC or FTE or CTC or PTC or whatever, at least you know you should get a return on your Euros97,000 or £Sterling 70,000. If you head off down the cheap route, you can't be sure of anything.
Are you trying to say that by passing an aptitude test (COMPASS is a heap of crap, IMHO...) the FTO can GUARANTEE you a job?
Again...RUBBISH. Quite often the small prints say "...MIGHT be offered a job INTERVIEW with such airline..." but getting your butt on that seat is a different story...

Wake up kids!

DK