PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - have any other crew felt this way? time to leave?
Old 24th Aug 2008, 23:27
id80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face have any other crew felt this way? time to leave?

Hi everyone x

Am a new poster to this website so please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong place!

I have been crew now since the age of 20, i have now ben flying for 11 years, since having my little one i am becoming more scared of flying ( i think i am going mad... ) I can rationalise it ( well try to ) in my own head of how safe flying is, safer than driving and crossin the road etc etc but i cannot help every time i go to work that it might be the last time i see my little one and i am starting to get mild panic attacks ( pain in my chest... sweaty palms... but i hide it really well, nobody would notice ) ....

I am already dreading my next flight.... i think the madrid incident has made me get worse this last week.... i feel ridiculous writing this, just wondering if anyone knows of anyone else who has felt like this?? Or what they did? Can i request to work on the ground immediatly?? I feel so silly about this but i really want to stop flying... it is a great job with lovely people, if i could just switch off these feelings, i would have the dream job.... i have been off work for months in the past ( depression ) and work have been really good.... i dont know what to do... any help would be great...