PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ptc Irl Skills Assessment
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2008, 18:41
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot assessment tests in flight schools are a racket. They are merely window dressing to lure in naive young candidates who don't realise that the real test is whether or not you have enough money to pay for it. It is an attempt to give the impression that their school only take the best students. You will of course be in that category.

At one school I know they introduced a test. When I asked why, the answer was that enquiring students or their parents would often ask for one, the other schools had one and it was the easiest money you could make.

They're not real tests, merely a sales pitch. I'm not picking on PTC here. It's the same with them all. Oxford Aviation academy do have a comprehensive two day skills test. Compare that to other so called skill tests. But even the Oxford only require it for their integrated program and frankly in my opinion it's as much to do with maintaining their reputation for producing good pilots than anything do do with your ability.

They are just a waste of money, don't bother with them, save it for the real training.