PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2008, 12:34
dumbdumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worldrunner:

I'm on the Polar side of the house and I've always thought that there's safety in numbers. Not just in a seniority list but everywhere. Look at nature. Lobsters "train" across the ocean floor to get somewhere faster, fish "school" and swirl in balls, etc. I'm sure you know what I mean, right?

Now, what is NOT right about the whole deal is Atlas getting to reap the benefits of the Polar certificate. They're already flying two airplanes for DHL service. No, I'm not mad or will even think about being mad at the pilot group; except for people who SCAB. They don't deserve anything -- period! And the crap of them wanting to go with the Polar certificate if it was sold. Nope, huh uh. Sorry.

So for all of your Atlas for Teamsters supporters I'm waiting for a rebuttle to the recent Prater letter to contradict going to Teamsters. When I have asked some of the guys that have jumpseated/deadheaded on our flights why they want to go to Teamsters it seems they only have the answer of they're mad at ALPA. No, I'm not looking for a fight when asking them. I'm only trying to gather information and asses the situation. Sure, I understand that side and mad, too. But we, I mean you guys need to make sure we get EVERYTHING in service that ALPA brings to the table, too. Yes, I've been to the atlasforteamsters.com web site, but I see nothing in writing as of yet about insurance programs, stranded in a foreign country, legal representation, etc. Trust me, I'm one of the Polaroids swaying to the Teamster side. But I'm not "taking my ball and going home" just 'cause I'm not getting my way. If the benefits add up and representation then so be it. Otherwise, we're stuck with the ugly Step-Mom! And she's really going to Pi$$ me off if she gets away with taking 401K money to support dues. Don't get me started on that one.