PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 19:41
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it has been long held that the Atlas crews want the work rules that Polar negotiated with their previous owners with enhancements while maintaining the Atlas crew pay scales adjusted for inflation and such (Atlas crews had to deal with the ex-Lorenzo lieutenants in their management willing to buy airlines, start other airlines, crew leasing companies to keep everyone under their thumb and subjugated) .

Everyone wins if this comes to pass and is plausible. Past actions by one side has done everything to shoot that in the foot, particularly from those ex-Polaroids that sit in an office at FedEx posting here (layinlow) which continue the Henderson-Hair agenda at every opportunity. ALPA finally realized that the backing of only the minoriity "scheduled" carrier has only resulted in them loosing around 900 combined dues paying members to the Teamsters. All of a sudden, a merger is on despite the years of stalling by one minoriity side.

I believe the sections the JNC have worked on with the company are the openers. They have not been TA'd. They are openers and of course the company is going to plead rape just looking at them. Many here need to remember that and understand negotiations and how it works.

Having said that, I hope the new Polar JNC negotiators prove their worth and not just as proxies of the previous ones.