PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba, Lcy-jfk
Thread: Ba, Lcy-jfk
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 15:38
VS-LHRCSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have WAY too much time on my hands!

Sorry to be pernickety but the AML 777 did have a different galley layout to the ones we got when the AML routes came back in 2002.

I saw a seat map recently and at doors 2 where there was a toilet and a side galley unit (drinks trollies from memory) on the WW LGW 'two class' the actually had seats in pairs along the sides of the galley like charter. The club cabin was half the size, with somthing like 3 rows of Cradle seats.

door door
xx xxx xx

xx xxx xx

xx xxx xx
xx xxxx xx
xxx xxxx xxx
xxx xxxx xxx
xx xxxx xx
xx galley xx
door door
xx galley xx
xx galley xx
xx xxxx xx
xxx xxxx xxx
xxx xxxx xxx

This is also how I remember it on the 'sub' flight we did. From memory it was the second IAH with a bunch of downgraded passengers from FIRST into Cradle Seat Club and a heap of Club pax downgraded into 3-4-3 but we were so quite that pretty much everyone got a row to themselves. I would HATE to think what it would have been like full.

Flower Duet, from what I understand AML was brought in during the early nineties (on the DC-10, fab) for lower yielding routes that needed volume to make it financially worthwhile to operate. Again, to bring the cost down, they outsourced the cabin crew to a company apparently owned by the current CEO's wife, AML (almost mainline). AML crew wore our then uniform but were employed by this external company that was part of an airline at the time called Flying Colours (which merged with AirWorld and Caledonian to become JMC, which then went on to become Thomas Cook). These are the facts as I remember them and am happy to be corrected if I'm wrong - it happens from time to time

AML crews would have been cheaper than the WW crew that were based at LGW at the time. When Rod Eddington (Skippy) came along, the many routes from LGW cut from 45, to 14. The AML arrangement scrapped and remaining routes given back to WW LGW.

Here endeth the lesson