PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swinburne Interview for Bachelor or Diploma
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 08:25
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoy the journey

I just want to be a FO on the A320's for Jetstar!!!

Whats my QUICKEST path?
Today 15:28
Mate, there's plenty of info on this in these forums on various cadet schemes, fast-track courses, etc, etc.

What you should be asking (IMHO) is what's the BEST path! It would be a pity for you if you made it all the way to Jetstar to find out that you didn't really like the flying (not everyone does) or couldn't make the grade during the endorsement or line training (again, not everyone does).

There's plenty of rewarding and enjoyable flying to be had in GA and regional flying. Many (if not most) GA companies are now forced to pay the award (or above) and it's much easier to get an entry level job with a bare CPL.

If you're only 18 there's no real rush. Even though the pilot shortage is "slowing down" a little, I think it will be a few years yet before we get to the stage where recruiting was a few years ago (i.e. You needed well over 1500 hours to get a look in at a job like Rex or QLink).

I'm now flying for QLink and loving it! But looking back, I wouldn't have traded my GA flying experiences for an earlier start at Qlink. A lot of my colleagues and a lot of Jet drivers feel the same way.

My 2c

DIVOSH!