PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "The MPL is a superb system for becoming an aviator"
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 04:42
mrbarvid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it really such a big difference?

As of now, a person can take his CPL/IR with 15-20 hrs on a twin engine with total of 150 hrs and considered done and ready for a typrating which takes approx say 40-50hrs?!
According to JAR-FCL, an MPL student are going to need at least 100hrs on a SEP (at least in Swe), and to be able to get the acctual MPL we need at least 240 hrs, where of some of it is in a full motion sim plus the MPL demands that you do 12 touch and goīs. And to "convert" to CPL/IR and MPL student requires an extra 30hrs PIC and 15 hrs in a SEP for the single engine skill test that CPL/IR requires.

Donīt get me wrong here! nothing is perfect from the begining and probably never will. There will be some issues during the implementation of this, but when you read JAR-FCL I think most people will see that it isnīt a huge difference from the "old" way. But I do agree on that you can never simulate real flying to 100% but bloddy close to it
A lot of focus is laid upon CRM and TEM in the MPL training.

Take care out there all aviators!!