PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 11:06
Max Stryker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Company ops shouldn't be able to tell them anything. If they tell me to go with a broken plane, I'll kindly tell them where they can go.

And as for the expert's comment on the exploding engine severing hydraulic lines - I think that an uncontained failure is highly unlikely, and even if the hydraulics have been affected, the MD still flies on cables, bless its conventional soul.

Like I said before - my two cents would be riding on either a reverser opening (and possibly starting to produce thrust), or a failure exactly at rotation (compounding a fast pull during the same), and overusing the ailerons during the initial response to the failure, causing the plane to start oscillating wing-to-wing.

I don't know about the bus or the 73, but the MD is prone to that, should you be overzealous on the initial response to the yaw. Like someone here already said - a lot of rudder (and you will need all of it in the MD, on TO thrust), and minimum bank (up to 5 degrees) to maintain directional control.