PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford
Thread: Oxford
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2008, 18:20
David Horn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people in the US seem to have been unlucky with the scheduling, with our course now beginning to overtake the course ahead. There was an issue with students cancelling their own flights left right and centre, and the current backlog could be the consequence of this.

The flight cancelling got so bad that any cancellation now has to be countersigned by an instructor, which I think is fairly reasonable. However, it looks as though we're going to have potential problems as two courses simultaneously hit the Senecas, and all Warrior students have been called to a meeting tomorrow which is, I suspect, going to put some of us on a bit of an enforced holiday. (This is the rumour, we haven't been told what it's about yet).

I'm hoping it's not me, as I'm only 2 weeks away from finishing the Warrior flying and don't want to take any breaks at the moment after finally getting the holds nailed.

Reliability hasn't really been an issue on the Warrior fleet for me (not had a lesson cancelled due to a tech aircraft so far), and through flying six days a week I'm running nearly a month ahead of schedule.

Dave.

PS - Is cancelling one or two l's? Firefox says one, Google says two.