PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford
Thread: Oxford
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2008, 17:19
ChrisLKKB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the the type of course one chooses I wouldn't like to say but as far as quality of trainning goes getting the right instructor is more important than choosing the right flight school and that can be pot luck.

Choosing the right training provider can make a huge difference to your job prospects though and at one time (it may still be the case) preference was give to Oxford graduates for no obvious reasons when smaller outfits like PAT were getting some of the best first time pass rates (did someone say back handers or old boys network ? I couldn't possibly comment).

When a certain flight school folded, Oxford took on some of the flying instructors, many of the ex students of this flight school though would probably agree two of the best instructors went to PAT although now I believe one of them has gone on to pastures new and the other prefers to spend more time on his allotment although if large amounts of green stuff (not cabbages) are waved under his nose he is tempted once more out of retirement.

Going in past events, imo if you are prepared to pay the premium and and go with Oxford and if you time it right you stand a greater chance of walking into a job quite soon after you finish up. At the moment though the trick is probably going to be to try and time it right.