PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford
Thread: Oxford
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2008, 14:44
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott

if you want to go integrated at Oxford then go and do it...the endless modular v integrated debate has started to degenerate your thread into ususal pprune rubbish.
Everyone has an opinion and everyone thinks they know best...the only one that matters is yours, and i sense you have your heart set on OATS.

I went to OATS in 1997 and self funded an integrated course; my reasons were

1. BA were sending their cadets there at the time so trining should be good
2. better facilities at the time than anywhere else i visited
3. not the cheapest by anymeans but you could pay in installments (5k per month)
4. didn't fancy going modular as it took too long and in my opinion it seemed airlines preferred integrated at the time

as it turned out i though they were excellent, didn't use any outside help for groundschool and passed first time. I think they may have got a lot busier these days so things may have changed a bit but i can only say as i found.

BTw i got a job with BA on the 757/767 after 3 weeks. I also got offered a job with 2 other airlines based SOLELY on my Oxford recommendation and results ( British World airlines (since gone bust!) and GO). Also i just remembered that Aer Lingus phoned me to come to an interview after 5 weeks but i had alread started with BA. This was 10 years ago though and the job market has changed a lot sonce then.