PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria Vs Federal Govt Of Nigeria Et Al
Old 18th Aug 2008, 15:31
Mr. Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I checked (8mnths ago) there was no direct airside transfer between the two terminals. I do know there is/was something in the works by Bi-Courtney to provide transfer services, but I don't know the status of that. Though airside transfer would lessen the blow of operating out of two terminals, the fact still remains there is NO through check-in. Passengers would still have to get their luggage and re-checkin and go through security at the next terminal. Perhaps understandable when coming into the country, but it hardly makes send if for instance you leave Abuja en-route to South Africa you would checkin both at Abuja grab your bags at MMA2, proceed to MMIA and do the dance all over again. As Murtala is the primary gateway in/out of Nigeria it hardly makes sense to make everyone re-checkin when they get to Lagos. Think of the congestion if not just Lagosians, but everyone around the country who conneects via Lagos is forced to go through security again.