PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FR to charge for cabin crew uniforms !!
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2001, 03:35
WAIF-er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Having watched the money programme this evening, I can understand why people have a dislike of Ryanair. Their Chief Exec pops up and thinks he knows everything there is to know about running an airline. He speaks as though he's just been to one of those tacky US marketing seminars, with his no-nonsense ideas and his "giving customers what they want" cheap quips.

The novelty WILL wear off and the bubble WILL burst sooner or later. I dont believe Ryanair or Easyjet will go bust, but I do believe that their prices will probably creep up over time. At the same time, airlines such as BA and BMi will be slimming down and economising their operations, until the point where the price difference in economy seats between the big guys and the low costs will be marginal.

THEN, who will people choose to fly with given a choice? Dublin to Copenhagen - or is it Malmo?? Add the cost of the train fare & the inconvenience.

The markets over-excitement will wane, the share price will decrease slightly, whilst long term confidence in the major carriers will boost their share price.

On an even playing field, who would you put your money on?

If Ryanair is a no-nonsense airline, explain this please:

PAYMENT DETAILS
********49.98 GBP Adults
*********4.00 GBP Fees
*********5.00 GBP Service Charges
*********1.60 GBP Ins Levy/PSC
*********5.00 GBP UK Air Duty
*********0.00 GBP Government Tax
*********0.00 GBP Airport Tax
*********0.00 GBP Car rental
*********0.00 GBP Insurance
********65.58 GBP Total Paid

...and I thought my BT Phone bill was bad!

This started out life as an advert for flights from "Liverpool to Dublin £9.99!"

[ 07 November 2001: Message edited by: WAIF-er ]