PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford
Thread: Oxford
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2008, 09:19
hollingworthp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There will doubtless be many acerbic responses relating to the costs (which are hard to deny!). But you will also see several people without any direct experience of the school coming out with all kinds of rubbish.

There won't be many people (other than modular students) who will have direct experience of more than one FTO / training route.

From my own personal experience I can say that the Ground School instruction was largely excellent with a couple of minor exceptions. Saying that - at least 95% if not 100% of OAA students will make use of Bristol GS in preparation for the exams.

My experience of the flight training in Goodyear was excellent although there were certainly admin and maintenance issues which were generally well handled.

Having completed my CPL 1.5 weeks early (and all of our course finishing on time as far as I know) I do not start flight training in the UK for a couple of weeks. The general impression from course colleagues ahead of us is that the UK-based instructors are of excellent standard and the maintenance is generally much better than Goodyear.