PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHIRP - More useless CAA comment regarding crew security.
Old 15th Aug 2008, 07:15
Mick Stability

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICTS Customer Service

Made [The Daily Telegraph yesterday:

Black air passenger awarded £4,000 after being stopped three times before flight:

. . Cedric Stewart, 45, said he was "humiliated' by airport workers who unpacked his bags in front of dozens of other passengers

. . Mr Stewart launched legal action against security firm International Consultants on Targeted Security, which is hired by Continental to vet passengers, and has now received an out-of-court settlement.

. . "I was treated like a common criminal for absolutely no reason at all."

. . after checking in he was pulled aside again and had his hand luggage emptied on a table and searched.

. . "I hope my experiences encourage people to take a stand against prejudice."

. . An ICTS spokesman strongly denied racism but said the company would not comment due to security considerations . .

Some here have been accused of racism for even suggesting that profiling by nationality is tantamount to being a Nazi.

However yesterday (14 Aug) in the House of Lords, while debating the Prevention of Terrorism Bill, the Attorney General Lord Falconer of Thoroton argued that 42 day detention was necessary, amongst other things, to pursue terrorist suspects with links to Pakistan.

Any of the PC brigade care to take on his Lordship? Can we now have profiling and targeted intelligence so that the rest of us can get on with our lives with dignity and freedom?