PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monthly ATCOs salaries in Europe
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2008, 05:00
Bill Woodfull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As-salaam alaykum Rule 3,

Why are you interested in European salaries if you are contemplating Dubai?
I understand that one of those ANSPs (and possible the French) operate under attractive T+Cs and I want to poke someone in the ribs locally and say 'look what they are getting from their altruistic employer' etc. No cunning plan I'm afraid.

Don't speak Norwegian, Danish or Spanish so no chance of a job for me (I can however order a bottle of wine or a glass of beer in French without getting a punch on the beak).

If you haven't already applied to Dubai I think you've missed the Bus.
The tattered and aged copy of 'Flight' I was reading in my private place yesterday sugeested that Al Maktoum Int airport(JXB - formerly Jebel Ali World something or another) has only just finished its first of six planned parrallels, has almost completed its freight facility, is working on the first of its terminals and the new swish 90m control TWR and ATC complex isn't complete yet.

The said publication may have missed the mark but with DXB staying open and the new facility not yet running and the extraordinary ammount of traffic it expects to move as it ramps up over the next 10 years, I'm guessing 100ish extra headsets at least.

Please tell me that those extra bodies have not already turned up and you have 8 dozen sitting around playing cribbage in the rest/crew room?