PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines B-737NG pilot's looking for work
Old 14th Aug 2008, 03:17
bburks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With Gratitude

Thanks for all the leads.....they are appreciated. I do not take offense to any of these posts. I truly wish we could reciprocate with the same opportunities. A few comments. My primary loyalty comes to providing for my family, but I would never scab, or accept employment to the detriment of others. It's not worth it and there are other opportunities. Aviation is a small world, and we look out for each other.

Most of us at Alaska Airlines who are looking at leave's of absense are senior enough to avoid furlough's. However, if we are granted leaves, the more junior (and vulnerable) pilots will remain employed. Personally, I enjoy the flying we do; my loyalty is to my route system more than the corporation. The exposure to the type of flying we do spurs me to seek these types of opportunities elsewhere.

My family has sacrificed a lot with my career choice, but they have always enjoyed travel and we have talked often of pursuing such an opportunity. There are other colleagues of mine who feel the same. We have a wide background to our 1500 pilots; military to many with bush and/or float experience. We have pilots who are from Norway, Australia, Germany, India and elsewhere. We have many who have already flown overseas and whose stories have sated my appetite to do the same.

So thanks again for all the help and if we can ever extend a welcome to anyone travelling to the West coast, or wishing to visit Alaska, please let me know. We look forward to extending the same hospitiality......no matter what you fly!

Cheers,

bburks

Last edited by bburks; 14th Aug 2008 at 16:02. Reason: spelling