PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 744 'Kangaroo' route config
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2008, 13:10
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Taildragger67
Reason I ask is that I'm on the 009 on 29 Sep and then the 016 on 10 Sep, WT+ so trying to figure out a seat pref.
As the BA9 should be a mid-J (as discussed earlier) it won't have the seat-on-its-own that you find on the high-J aircraft. (If you find you're on a high-J aircraft, I agree that's the one to go for as a single traveller. But if you don't have access to pre-allocation, you're unlikely to be able to get this as unsurprisingly they're usually about the first to go to those who can get pre-allocated seats.)

On the mid-J, I would personally suggest the left hand side. The bulkhead is 12, but I personally don't like bulkhead seats in WT+ (because the footrest is in your own legrest rather than folding down from the seat in front) and usually try for 13 - failing that, 14. But for the fact that it's just in front of the loo, 15A would have become my favourite seat. The left hand side of the aircraft usually gets served first. Avoid 11JK and 16JK as these are noisy.

I don't do much time on the 777s, so sorry haven't got any real preferences to suggest.