PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 12th Aug 2008, 21:48
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philpaz, yes sir all boozed up on a Friday night I like it

With regards to the oil price I must agree that it's a distraction because whilst you have an income you at least have the option of absorbing higher costs. Whereas once that income stops you cannot absorb anything at any price because you're broke. Unlike recessions from yesteryear this time round we have (what the govrenment and their cheerleaders in the media i.e. BBC refuse to acknolwedge) is a large debt that will will require feeding whether you have a job or not. "Lift may reduce but the weight remains the same", same with income/debt, oh dear.

Nevertheless it's always good to have a helping hand i.e. recent/temporary oil price in any regard to the economy but the overall picture is still one of a burnied out shell. The same shallow idiots who seem to vote in politicians who have no policies but a nice smile and relatbale personality are the same brigade who have gone out and built up this huge mountain of debt and with the silly IVAs the government has happily introduced those people are going to be lining up to shirk their responsibilities which the remaining consumers are going to have to bear. It's a nasty one that 's agreed but no one really knows how deep or bad.

A quick word of caution on the over reliance of a banker's comment they always have a hidden agenda/interest for making certain statements. They are not here to provide public information or short films on how to spend wisely they are only about themselves at this time in the economic cycle and always. This is evident in the plethora of contradicting messages from bankers around the globe that offer different opinions to varying degrees from each other. Therefore don't hedge all your bets on one chap, remember these are the people primarily responsible for this whole mess. It's like asking a murderer how the police investigation is going ....