PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and Health and Safety
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2008, 21:45
DeltaNg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I'd like to fly the aforementioned invention to and from a remote platform primarily used to extract highly flammable liquids and gasses situated about 100 miles offshore, thrice daily non-stop at maximum speed, at it's maximum designed weight, and with the about the minimum amount of fuel that it needs. Of course,we'll check the helicopter is correctly lubricated and perhaps have a quick look after it's finished to make sure it's still in perfect condition.

I think once I've cracked that, then I'll have a go at landing on moving boats, flying in fog, and then doing it all again into the hours of darkness, as there should be no difference there at all.

To allow maximum flexibility, I will also fly into the maximum allowable windspeed, and at times the minimum temperature before icing becomes a major issue to ensure the invention can pay for itself and remain a viable invention.

All this will be ensured by the invention commander who will at all times keep a watch on the environment in which it is flown, so no foreseeable problems can occur and steer the invention away from danger.