PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2008, 18:08
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Capacity issues' must say from the punters view point I think NCL makes it's own problems. Take BRS for example they seem to cope well with what appears to be much less limited resource with or without stand capacity. Any how another example yesterday at NCL, approaching the end of a fine flight on an RJ700 I noted that we were being vectored half way to Norway for 25, which in itself is no cause for complaint & my wife looked quizzingly at me when I cursed at realising what was happening. I noted that we were probably around #3 in traffic & that she'd see where I was coming from on disembarkation. Sure enough remote stand & bus which only although only took 10 minutes but enough time to allow the discharge of 400+ punters in front at customs. To their credit all 4 posts were open, but zero common sense being applied, when two lines were set for our 'Non EU' visitors the result being that NCL appears to be the only airport that I have noted where being an 'Alien' results in preferential treatement in that processing time significantly less than for others The situation was not assisted by a jobsworth appearing to be the promoted customs tea lady wandering down the line half way down the pier shouting at individuals to switch off their mobiles immediately even though they were stuck in the pier some 5 minutes away from even the cattle pens. For my own part I just bit my lip, knowing that there is little one can do to increase processing volumes when arrival rates display a wave effect, but never the less feel that it's image that counts and that on this NCL are not yet there.