PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barwon Heads Airport Closed
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2008, 12:00
John Walters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have pretty much got it right POQL and I endorse what you say in relation to the Parachute Federation, They have played a major part in this mess by doing nothing and surely must now act to ensure that no other airfield in faced with this operator who will not follow the regulations and has a history of setting his own rules.

I also believe porch monkey has got it right. The early references to the three ring circus on the various threads did relate to the three airfields in the CTAF area but has later been referenced to the parachute operation, and yes I understand the owner was warned of McWilliam but a month of abiding to all the regulations and showing that he could fit in was accepted with the dollars that were promised.

History now shows it was a disastrous decision that was made for all using the airfield, and only recently Frank Connell a hangar owner agreed to allow McWilliam to continue to use his hangar to conduct his parachuting business.
A decision again made for the greedy dollar.

Hopefully for all concerned this debacle on an airfield with great potential for recreational flying will be in the past and the developments being suggested will go ahead.