PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 20:41
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR at NCL?

Mark23 your right a careful selection of routes/frequencies and FR should do well.

A few that should do well and spring straight to mind are Berlin, Frankfurt, Bremen, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Reus, Madrid, Palma, Marseille, Pisa.

The above do have some overlap with other operators ie Palma but capacity exists on this one, Cork (have LS dropped this one as its not available to book next Summer) Pisa (did well for LS but slashed frequency).

The main airline that I believe would loose out at NCL would be LS but I am not sure if they have long term plan for the NCL base as every year we get reduction after reduction from them

One thing the airport management should ensure though is that if FR are looking for a Northern base then its NCL. I believe that if Mr P were still here we would already have FR base at NCL and possibly that much needed US scheduled link after all since his departure the airport has achieved very little in terms of new airlines or routes. While DL is a very nice guy I am concerned he may be out of his depth in his current position, hope im wrong, but the real test may be if he can get a jump on LBA and NCl becomes the North England base for FR.