PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 15:03
Devcon4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Old Legends

The good old days! Yep, got to a big reminder of it at The Dateman's farewell. Great to see Kerop, Wilko, etc looking fresh as!

Pretty sure I saw the work of the Phantom Pisser as well at the wake. I think the Phantom Nudist must have been out of the country. Very unusual for him to miss a gathering like that. I know The Dateman sighted the Nudist down in Melbourne a few years ago. I think Dateman may have even know the Phantom Nudist's identity! Good old Dateman. I miss him a lot. A true legend.

Dateman brought us all together that day and made us realise that we are a family. Dateman may have passed away, but he really is still here with us. It is his spirit that makes us what we are. Forget the dopes we have to put up with and keep his spirit in your soul and all will be good. Do what we are best at and still manage to have laugh with your mates. We really are blessed with our mateships that we have. That's something a lot of people don't have and I really think we are lucky to have that. I know when I am on the job the boy's are watching my back and are ready to do whatever it takes to get the job right.

Wilko reckoned he missed the place. One of the young blokes told him not to even think about coming back because he would end up punching managers in the head! Funny, I laughed my head off! Could you imagine some of those guys who ARE the foundations of our industry putting up with these tuggers! Mate, it would be a war!! Be pretty funny watching the old guys messing with their heads. I would pay to watch new school management vs Wilko in a face to face meeting trying to push their crap down his throat. Gold. Imagine Kerop at work on Donut Boy! Ha! That would be funny to watch!! Hey Boy!!!!!!