PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2008, 11:45
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BG were a bit of a nightmare last time they operated into MAN. Regularly delayed & often cancelled because the a/c was constantly tech! Let's hope they can improve matters if they do return.

EK's move to T1 is pretty much cemented, as work is due to start shortly on their own Exec Lounge which will be built on the Southern Front where the Lancaster Brasserie used to occupy. Whether or not they decide to operate the A380 into MAN is another matter but facilities will be ready by 2010, work on an A380 satellite lounge at the end of B Pier is at an advanced planning stage. No other airlines will be moving over to T1 in the near future however. SQ, QR & VS have all expresed an interest because of the redevelopment but it will require some airlines moving from T1 to T2 to accomodate this. TCX are the most likely candidate and that would fit in with the idea to make T2 all Charter but so far there have been no talks between MAN and Thomas Cook regarding this. In any case lets not forget that T2 Airside is being redeveloped shortly anyway, so the airlines in question may decide to stay.

And just a quick word regarding LS. I happened to speak to the Station Manager last week and he said it was definately going to be a very quiet Winter for Jet2. At present the Summer programme is being finilised but we should expect wholesale changes. I personally think that LS are afraid of competition. Dropping AGP, MJV, FCO & FAO seems a little crazy, even during the quieter months as these destinations do attract good year round loads. Now that EZY are doing daily Malaga & ZB have a healthy MJV Winter programme, I think they've just given up without trying to compete. Seems a bit premature though, especially as they've had the monopoly on Murcia up until this Summer & still have the monopoly to Rome.