PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Captains
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 20:22
Very Tired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trevfly - Incredibly ignorant!

As an FCS pilot that has been a member of the DPA for 6 years (since joining) I find your comments particularly offensive.

Redundancy. Indeed it is on DOJ, the last time I checked the seniority list there were 250 names behind me. At least 175 of those would be Airbus pilots, so yes, if the company wanted to make the freighter fleet redundant some Airbus pilots would be in the firing line a long time before me and many of my FCS colleagues.

Command out of seniority. Where on earth did you dig this little nugget up from? All commands were awarded in strict seniority. If you didn't have the right to work in the UK that's tough, the same as I can't apply for a job in Australia or Canada. I don't whinge about it, it's a fact of life.

Your comments display an astonishing lack of knowledge about the situation with KA freighters and the reaming that we've had from our new masters. You may have a point about the low DPA membership rate (something that has always irked me) but when we're on the receiving end of the type of rubbish that you've just spouted, can you blame us?

Nice honest guys eh?
And if you have the balls to call me dishonest to my face, I'll be very happy to discuss it with you over a beer in HKG - just PM me.