PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CJ2 pitch power settings
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2008, 18:05
Zorst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, first I ought to point out that the equation might more properly be stated:

(Power + Attitude) - Configuration = Performance

Some pilots like to have numbers to fly by; on one of my types, they like to start with 63 %N1, subtract .5% for each tonne below MLW, add 1% for each 3 kts of headwind, and so on... I don't. I've always been a 'look out of the window' or 'look at the instruments' sort of bloke, and that highly theoretical teaching never got me anywhere. However, there are people who like it, and what Sir Thomas needs is someone who like him, has a penchant for mental arithmetic rather than flying, and thus can answer his question. The problem is, that the CJ2 is such a simple aircraft to fly, that you will never need that theoretical approach. It's got little fans that accelerate well, especially at approach thrust settings, and a straight wing.

First time I flew one, I petrified the poor examiner, who had never seen anyone at Vapp at 1000 ft before!

Pole it round the sky like a piston twin, and learn it as you go along, would be my advice! Most importantly, have fun!