PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 9th Aug 2008, 00:23
non iron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now l know this is probably unfair but . .

In the wake of 9/11 l made a uk internal flight carrying an overnight bag with nothing checked in, l suppose you could call it a flying visit.
My toilet bag was extracted and embarrassment started, how stupid could l be forgetting to check the contents ? l did feel bad.
First out was the electric toothbrush with it`s one inch hardened spike, the polite and efficient security officer looked at it then at me and recognising my " 30 quid down the bog" expression, bless him, put it back.
He brightened with his next find, the nail clippers with that little filey thing hiding under the handle. As he had to, into the bin it went.
l do not blame him.
l replaced it from the chemist 20yds inside security.
An odd thing, l believe l am right in saying that no American airline banned metal cutlery at any time after 9/11. And booze for commercial profit in glass bottles has always been available airside.
Now, l am getting on a bit, but is it me ? Have l missed something ?

Ps, has anybody else coughed at waiting for airside shop stocks of water to go through the x-ray machine whilst their cheaper but still sealed bottle is binned.
lt must be me.

Pps. My Steward accidentally left his passport on board during a day stop in France this week. On return the expected glitch ( despite ID and plainly crew membership) resulted in a slight delay and police presence to the aircraft. The armed one had the grace to smile when l stopped him entering to check HIS credentials.
Ah, it is me.

Last edited by non iron; 9th Aug 2008 at 02:46. Reason: ps