PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet to go long - haul ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2002, 22:28
panda-k-bear
Bear Behind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, I was under the impression that this topic was about long-haul operations and easyJet, not about validating the opinions of (some quite sensitive) LCA employees. "Real" airlines are ones in inverted commas - perhaps the term "traditional airline would suit people's sensibilities more? They are the ones currently trying to feed into loss making transatlantic operations with loss making European operations - as yet i don't see that I can fly outside of Europe with EZY, or did I miss something.

Few Cloudy - perhaps I'm misunderstood here. I'm not trying to malign any aitline, simply express my point of view about EZY going long haul. In my particular sector of the industry (not a pilot) EZY, Ryan etc. represent an opportunity if anything, and are certainly not a threat. They are certainly useful for personal reasons for me and my family. No scorn or rudeness is intended, and I apologise if that's how it came across, but reading back, I still don't think that it does. Please again notye "real" in inverted commas, I do believe that I gave a precursory nod to the arguments behind there not being a high chance of a LCA going long-haul, did I not? Costs, existing structures for " real" ( or "traditional" if you prefer) airlines, interlining and pax satisfaction. Or are thses not the issue.

In any case, I reiterate that given a choice between paying 200 quid for a full service airline, with (what is laughingly called) a meal and with a guarantee of some action being taken in the event of an a/c going tech., or paying 200 quid with a LCA, then having to buy food and drink on top, and risk getting stuck on the wrong side for the pond in a backwater airport with no one giving a fig (see MOL comments to Watchdog), I know which I'd choose. What about you?