PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever known both pilots fallen asleep at the controls?
Old 22nd Mar 2001, 12:50
AffirmBrest

BAW22 - No sign at all of an old boy network from where I'm sitting - when I mentioned that I believed you were a 'geniuine' wannabe (please don't take offence - I wuz won wunce) I meant to illustrate to Stroppalot that there were polite and humble ways to phrase a query which lend themselves somewhat better to a polite and humble response. I have explained the reasons behind the initial reactions to some of SLs posts, and apologised if those were misplaced.

If someone asks me a question, fine. I reserve the right not to answer, if I am at all sceptical of their credentials or motivation for asking. Once their credentials are established, I will answer to the best of my knowledge and free time.

The effort required to establish ones credentials, however, will vary from person to person and question to question - and the manner in which the poster subsequently responds will affect future replies and may even draw others to their own conclusions. Much like a 'real' conversation. That's how it goes.

I am a personal aquaintaince of one the 'infamous' BA pilots who were unjustly (IMHO) sacked thanks to a muck-raking journalist. My scepticism on this matter can be understood. No further explanation needed.

------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...