PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 21:41
j4ckos mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must have been to MAN thousands of times we used to ride the escalators,, get a can of coke for the petrol station near the car hire places, watched the satellite being built on pier c, nevermind terminal 2.

we recently flew to Turkey on Onur air, (delayed 4 hours), what did strike me was how scruffy terminal two had become. we went for a drink and the Bar staff were arguing amongst themselves, and it was full of "niges stag do faliraki 08" t shirts, so we left there as it was getting too rowdy for the kids to be around, "fair enough" i thought.
on to the expensive shops, these were starting to close (am i in Manchester i thought or Yerevan), i dont ever recall them shutting in the summer. the staff just didnt want to be there.

There was an old dear from LPL flying to her villa somewhere and she had fallen on a drink not cleaned up, her elbow was a right mess, black and blur and bleeding, and on top of that the fall had damaged her lap top, i was embarressed for her.

it was one of the last flights of the day, and we got the impression that it was only cleaned once a day, at the end of the day, the tables in the cafe were strewn with knocked over cups and plates.
we went to the information desk and rang the phone it was too much expecting someone to be there. whoever answered was really put out and didnt know what i wanted to know. i am not a snob i was brought up in Wythenshawe, didnt have much,never got much, but was truly appalled at how scruffy it had become, i know its not like it was when out parents were yoiung, and flying was amazing, and you got your suit on to go on a plane, i know that, there were some right yobbos, kids and parents, but i was shocked at how it had gone down hill so much.