PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2008, 13:46
planestupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Praying

Pray all you like justsim, but until it starts hurting LT's wallet and people start dying nothing will change. Pilots need to learn good CRM. NOT PAL CRM. GOOD CRM!! That means Capts need to listen to FOs and FOs need to be more assertive. Please go look up in the dictionary those who do not know what assertive means. Both PAL accidents could have been avoided if the FOs were more assertive. The Captains were fu..ing idiots and should have had their brain removed. As should management, coz they approve the 'CULTURE/ATTITUDE'.
I agree completely with ww1, go-arounds sound cheaper than a hull loss, but what will it cost PAL to change? The problem is PAL Culture rewards assh.... Captains that are macho and bring home the passengers and planes with total disregard to safety. FOs are unwilling to speak up and would rather die together with the Captain screaming into the side of a mountain than getting 'endorsed'.
Recently a Garuda Captain that igonored his FO just found out how good CRM works. He killed 21 passengers and he is gonna spend a couple of years with some nasty inmates that want his virgin ass!!! VOA News - Indonesian Pilot Accused of Crashing Plane by Ignoring Warnings
My point is that PAL culture needs to change before people start dying and Captains get their ass violated by their new best friend in Muntinlupa.
I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. I want to be wrong......I really do, but the sad fact is that I'm totally right and passengers will die due to pilot CRM related issues.
Fly safe!!!