PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remind me again? Why is Lyneham closing??
Old 6th Aug 2008, 05:22
Truckkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on how they will pay for home to duty for the numerous commuting crews? Unless they plan to minibus each crew to/from BZN? Could prove interesting from a crew duty POV especially if individuals have minimum crew rest between routes (TTF)? Unless they put a herc on to LYE to pick up the crews/lineys!
Exactly that - the strong rumour is buses will be provided in the morning and the evening for shift workers and aircrews. This will stop you being able to claim HDT

Doesn't work for crew duty/crew rest or for those on standby duties - holding 6K/J and Q from the mess anyone

Certainly won't work if your working day doesn't fit into the carefully organised bus timetable - NVG in the summer?

Imagine the phone call to Ascot Ops/DSCOM - 'sorry we will have to cancel/delay RR**** because the minibus picking the crew up from Lyneham was late and they will be out of crew duty!'

Or:-

'Sorry Boss, I can't do that sortie because by the time I get back to my MQ at Lye I won't have enough crew rest before the bus leaves for Brize in the morning!'

What a load of