PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 6th Aug 2008, 03:41
SemperFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again.

I in no way condone, defend, or make excuses for Qantas hiring practices (I have no say in them). I have been shafted along the way myself from time to time.

As I said before

I think not honoring their word shows a complete lack of integrity and I think you have every right to be pissed off.
The original question by Spinner 69 was "Any truth to the rumor (the trainee program has been canceled). The answer is no.

How often the courses run and how many on each course, I have no idea I don't run the program. The point I was trying to make was there is no intention to cancel the program (as far as I know), because everyone is pretty happy with the output of the program.

Yes there have been delays at getting everyone through line training. Everyone saw that coming. But for those trainees that are waiting, I can think of worse things than sitting around on full pay waiting for your training slot to come up.

Once again I am not defending anybody's (management, trainees, etc) position here, simply providing information. If you look at the program totally objectively from the company's point of view it accomplished its (short term) goal. So why cancel it?

Before the program - shortage of FOs. After the program - no shortage of FOs.

I am not saying anybody is right or wrong, I am not saying it is not being handled poorly for you guys, I am not saying things couldn't be better. I am simply providing information to those who asked for it, given what I know about the program from inside QL.

On the subject of the trainee program.
- The trainee program has not been canceled.
- The trainee program is actually working pretty well for what it is supposed to accomplish. Before the program - shortage of FOs. After the program - no shortage of FOs.

As for my 'bizzar' anger management issues. I do like my job and I do look forward to flying most days. I just hate to see a pleasant day ruined by flying with some serial whinger who can't seem to take responsibility for their own life. They bitch and moan all day when they are flying, then go home and bitch and moan all night on PPRUNE. If people are that unhappy with their life they should just man-up and do something about it instead of constantly whinge and wait for someone else to fix all their problems. (note. before you have a go at me, this is not directed at any of the trainees or applicants here, but the bitter and twisted line pilots/ppruners always looking for an excuse to be pissed off)

Finally SemperFly, I do not think the world owes me a job just because I applied for one, but I do think that Qlink owes those of us with conditional offers some form of explanation. I have kept my end of the bargain, is it really too much for me to expect Qlink to do the same?

I couldn't agree more.

SF

Last edited by SemperFly; 6th Aug 2008 at 04:31.