PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 5th Aug 2008, 13:21
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Quote:

"And really Krusty you work for REX so what do you care?"

Believe it or not SF, I care about the future. Be it QFLink, REX or whatever. You are absolutely right when you say that you (I) have never met anyone who didn't think they should be paid more. But the sad reality is that wages and conditions are the only thing left that will reinvigorate the profession. All this sidestepping and creative recruitment is only serving to mask a much deeper problem. You are correct with your assertion that the Traineeship has achieved it's goal. It's just that IMHO it will not solve the long term problem. I hope I have made that clear. If I haven't, then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

I'm sorry you don't see where I'm coming from. Not because I necessarily wish you to share my point of view, but the stress I feel in your reply gives me some concern for your blood pressure. Please stay well. The industry needs all the experienced pilots it can get!

Sincere Regards,

Krusty.