PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 5th Aug 2008, 10:09
eternity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why A Few Are Ticked Off With QLink

SemperFly,

I hear what your saying and you have made some very good points.
However, I do encourage you to look at it from the perspective of many people with 'conditional offers' who have been affected by this.

For those lucky enough, myself included who received a 'conditional offer' with QLink, were told that we needed to finish our ATPL's, and we would then be put on the next course.
We were given four months to complete the ATPL's. Now I'm not sure how good the rest of you are but many people, myself included found that four months to complete all the ATPL's whilst flying full time was extremely hard.

As a result, many decided to resign from their jobs to ensure that everything was completed by the due date, as we were told that we would be put on the next course as soon as we had completed the ATPL's. We were also told that there was a course running every month).

And then due to 'fuel issues' 'training captain issues' 'not many people leaving issues' or for whatever specific reason, QLink then announced that all the courses would be frozen for the next 6-8 months.

Ok, we can deal with this. Maybe these were things that were beyond the control or foresight of QLink. For many it was an annoyance but, either way, they would have a place on the traineeship eventually.

QLink have now announced that when you complete everything, you are put in a 'hold file' that is 'competitive based'.

So basically, many people resigned from their jobs to complete a task within the specified limits by QLink for which was promised a place on the traineeship.
Now these people have no jobs, and possibly no place on the traineeship because QLink have now decided that it should be competitive based. (Which basically means that you may never get a call).

We can accept that the traineeship has been slowed down - hey, it's aviation.
But to make the file now competitive based - now that really hurts for people that have left everything for this dream job. And it's not just one or two people; there are alot of pilots out there in the same boat.

SemperFly, I suspect that you may find that this is why people are somewhat pi**ed off with QLink right now.

Your horse is very high my friend.
I suggest that you climb on down and have a look around.

Regards.